Simple SEO Techniques
Posted January 24, 2009on:
Here are a few of the most constructive SEO Techniques.
- Title tags should be written in a resourceful way. It should be formed with the main keyword targets as the basis. It is the most significant tag of a web site when it comes to optimization. The main keyword of the web site that is being optimized should be the one that is placed in the title tag. It goes without proverb that every site should contain its own title tag.
- Carefully choose the words and phrases to be allocated to Alt tags. Alt tags are not in fact compulsory, but they are provided for text browsers because images do not get shown in web browsers, and it is the Alt tags that give information to the users about its meaning. The rule in Alt tags is quite easy: only key phrases or key words should be place in Alt tags, overdoing may reason a site to disappear in search results or get banned from it indefinitely.
- Manage keyword density. Percentage occupied by keywords or keyword phrases in a web page is called keyword density. Preferably, keywords are used one time in the title tag, one time in the heading tag, and one time in bold text. Keywords should be placed at the top of the page, and phrases can be put in every paragraph, depending on how long the paragraph is.
- Determine the suitable page size for the site. Speed is a very important part to the success of a site, and it significant to both online visitors and the search engines. It is suggested to limit web pages under 15K.
- Make eye catching themes for the pages. Search engines are more and more receiving particular about themes. Content should be formed as often as likely, and the pages should be maintained to 200 to 500 words. The content should be made in relative to the market, and should be linked to the other associated content present on the site.
- Don’t Use bad techniques. Using them could catch a site blacklisted from the search engines. Spamming is a no-no, and the following techniques are spamming: doorway and identical pages, tiny or invisible text, cloaking, usage of keyword phrases in author tags etc.
Advertisers should put in mind that simplicity is the source of a successful SEO campaign. Sites should be simple for viewers to locate, follow, and read, and should contain relevant content.